Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Memorial Joy & Remembrance

Our memorial weekend was was filled with delight and joy along with remembering those who gave their life in consciously serving their country. We have been blessed in my family to have those who served in the armed forces return from their duties safely and without injury. On the civilian side, the graves of family members who have passed were tidied up and new plantings added in their memory.
As mentioned above, my husband and I were ecstatic to have our granddaughter Ella and her parents visit from San Diego for the weekend. I cannot even express the JOY I felt in watching her walk, run, dance and totally charm her grandparents. She is such a happy child ( she has her moments and they are few in comparison). Acknowledgements go to her parents and my daughter-in-law's Aunt June who babysits for them during the day for the gentle and caring way they guide her and give her the freedom to explore in a safe environment.

Saturday night found us chillin' and enjoying the music of Chris Gregory , a local singer and songwriter, at Javalina's coffee house http://www.javalinas.com/. Ella was a captive audience for an hour and a quarter even with her bottle. Sunday brought my sister, Kate and husband, Dennis up for lunch and a round of golf.
On Monday,Memorial Day, we had an unexpected visitor to my backyard fountain- a bobcat! I had just lowered the sunshades on the porch so the photo is a little blurry. My small zen-like backyard attracts a multitude of birds including a nesting pair of quail with their eggs, hawks and various lizards. This is a first for the bobcat.
Bobcat drinking on left side of
fountain

My intention for the weekend was to create those one moment in time memories while enjoying, relaxing and connecting on a deeper heart level with family. By jove, it was created as I allowed the events to unfold!!
Great Joy & simplicity,

Colleen
http://www.consciouslivingconnection.com/
"to create what matters most"