Sunday, June 8, 2008

Riding the Wind!


The wind whispers across my face as the pavement crackles with the passing of the tires. I'm on a downhill slope, riding my new bike. As a child I loved to ride my bike up and down the country roads. Later in adulthood, I rode the Grand Teton Park road in the early spring before the road was opened to visitor traffic and participated in the 26 mile Miles for Money fundraiser for The Learning Center Preschool in Jackson, Wyoming while pulling a carrier with my youngest son, Jason safely ensconced in the seat. Now I live at the eastern edge of a large city. Even though signs advertise that this is a bike friendly city, I avoid the busy streets as I begin to condition myself again with an activity I always loved but haven't participated in- in a number of years. Previous injuries kept this fun way to tone my muscles at bay for a long time. Like a long lost friend I was ecstatic to renew our relationship and I actually heard my soul sing out in welcome.

Saguaro Park East here I come!

What physical activity would nurture your soul and connect you with your true essence?

Until next time- much Joy,

Colleen

Colleen Crook is a Life & Leadership coach who partners with forward thinking ,spirit-minded women who want to make a difference and create a joyful and passionate life -both personally and professionally. Grab your complimentary 5 day mini e-course on creating dynamite relationships at http://www.consciouslivingconnection.com/