Sunday, May 4, 2008

Off to the Races!

Saturday my husband (Duwayne) & I travelled down to Sonoita, AZ for their local horse races, to watch the Kentucky Derby and meet up with my sister, Kate and a group of her friends. Kate ( holding the white program) excels at gathering people together for fun and making ordinary events special. We had a wonderful time! The group was very generous in sharing the food they brought along. This is the 6th year of this social tradition for them. We all took turns making water runs and supporting the local economy. I made new friends and thoroughly enjoyed the camaraderie and banter that flowed in this group. All was good, upbeat and positive. I even bumped into several colleagues who were enjoying this sunny, slightly breezy day.

What ordinary event can you transform into something fun, silly or light hearted to create what matters?

P.S. My husband was the photographer.

P.S.S. Happy Cinco de Mayo