Thursday, May 8, 2008

A sister Twirler! Yeah!

Good morning Colleen!Just read your letter and as always you've really touched me. Your thoughts on motherhood and peace beginning in the home are so true and challenging with older children!! Struggling here just this morning, but you're reminding me that it begins with myself... thank you!Also, just got through describing an experience to my boss and co-worker on Monday about myself as a young girl loving to twirl and twirl around until I grew dizzy and fell down. Then do it again :-) Pure Joy!! For me, the memory is strongest in our living room to the 8- track of Carly Simon's, "You're so vain" :-) Loved to sing and twirl to... "I had some dreams--- they were clouds in my coffee, clouds in my coffee and... " Thought it fabulous that she had dreams of clouds in her coffee:-) The point of my story was a discussion on music and how it can impact our experience and stay with us for years..I loved your story of connection with nature/divine with your twirling, which again has been a huge theme with me this week. Amazing! Been pondering, and discussing with my client's parents the major disconnect from nature/outdoor play to technology (TV/video games). Huge for these children who need all the movement (proprioception/vestibular/ and tactile input) for their nervous systems to be able to attend and learn!!And yes, getting away from nature where the divine is all around us!Anyway, just want to thank you for your newletter and refreshing insight you bring.Blessings and joy!!Barb