Monday, November 24, 2008

3 Ah-Ah's from L.A.

Greetings!
As I've mentioned previously I attended the last Ali Brown Online Success Blueprint Workshop in L.A. I've never attended a workshop quite like this one. It was orchestrated on a whole new level with songs, dancing, fun and diversity of guest speakers and many many Ah- Ah moments- in addition to being in the company of multi-millionaires and a billionaire. The energy and mindset of these female entrepreneurs was refreshing to see. These are strong, powerful yet feminine and heart centered business women who shared their expertise and gifts selflessly and with style.
One thing that I was really excited about was that the majority of my mentors attended also and I was able to meet up with them throughout the workshop days.

Here's photo of me with my coach Heather Dominick . We eventually located each other on the last day. The other photo is of my friend and colleague, Louise Abbot, a successful coach in her own right. We by chance ended up as travelling companions and were very happy about that.
Back to the Ah-Ah's:
1." I don't compare, I don't compete, I just am."
One of the first things that Ali said truly resonated with me and became my mental mantra during the workshop. What really stops us from playing big and stepping into our YES is the constant self sabotage that we do by comparing what we do with others or in some cases focusing on trying to do better than someone else. With this statement, you stay in the present and focus on being your best self and always being with your Inner Wisdom. There is such self-acceptance when you say "I just am". ( Register for the upcoming interview with Marci Schimoff on Self-Love/Self-Acceptance
2. "I am my best asset."
In my first career as an Occupational Therapist, we were taught that the most valuable tool we had to be a bridge to independent living was the therapeutic use of self. The same applies to any career choice or business. You are your best asset and as you develop and expand your skills and beingness your core energy attracts what you want to create. Take care and honor your best
asset - You.
3. Holding back and playing small denies the God (or whatever name resonates with you)
that created you.
These are 3 of the Ah-Ah's that I had during this 3 incredible day event.
I'll check in with you later.
Much Joy,
Colleen