Tuesday, May 19, 2009

My American Idol Connection


I've only watched AI in the last few years and usually only towards the final few weeks. This year I became entranced with the group and I admit watching a bit more than usual. Since I hail from Wisconsin, I followed Dan Gokey with more focus than I gave the other contestants. His story proves that there is inspiration and support from a Higher Source as he reached and took action with his dream despite personal loss. Imagine my surprise to hear that my first cousin, Billy was Danny's chauffeur for 14 hours when he returned to Milwaukee during home week. According to my cousin, Danny is the nicest guy with a terrific sense of humor and so down to earth. I was saddened to see that he didn't make the final two and I know that he will have a terrific career after Idol.

Here's to living and pursuing your dream and doing what it takes to make it happen with plenty of gratitude to keep it going.

All the best,
Colleen