Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Small Town Festivals

Greetings!

Two weekends ago my husband & I traveled down to Patagonia, a small, diverse and vibrant community south of Tucson for their Fall Festival. I love small towns having grown up in one and attending grade school in small town. Our intention was to have a nice easy day and enjoy the scenery and thunderclouds that were scaling up past the southern mountain ranges. As my husband & I walked among the displays and art booths, we were hoping the skies wouldn't open up with the impending rain until we had listened to some music and had a bite to eat. The Patagonia festival highlights local and regional music talent and it's some of the best around. One group I fell in love with is the Way Out West trio. Lots of fun and beautiful music. You can check them out at this link then click on artists.
http://www.bluebhikku.com/artists.htm

After some fry bread(for me) and a gyros for hubby, we headed over to the Gathering Grounds coffee shop for some dessert. Nice cozy place to settle and watch the rain that eventually came.
Before we left, I peaked in the bookstore and lo and behold the author of the book I was going to buy for my dad was there signing books. So I was able to get the book I wanted and get a signed copy to boot.

Patagonia is able to create a beautiful community event with an eclectic mix of generations, cultures and lifestyles from new age to ranchers, from artists to cowboys and everything in between. That's what matters most to them.

Here's to you creating what matters most to you. No pics-left my camera in the truck.

Much Joy,
Colleen