Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Happy April

April in the desert has been nothing short of extraordinary. Our petite backyard has blossomed full out - the best since it was landscaped 2 years ago. With nurturing and time, the plants became grounded and are maturing. I feel like my secret garden at times in relation to my business. As I nurture it and allow for the passage of time( re: James Rohn), I become more clear as to who I serve and why I want to partner and work with them. The blog name states it fairly well. I want to help/partner with individuals who want to create what matters however form that takes for them.
That's exactly what occurred in working with the families during Kold's Dash to the Door segment.

Each of the families had an idea of what they wanted to create to achieve morning harmony and get the day off to better start. But they were stuck in the same scenario and needed some outside support to get them over the hump. With several strategic clarity planning sessions to share their vision and develop their serenity plan they were off and running. Further e-mail support personally and through the blog helped them be accountable while thousands watched their transformation. What both families learned was that to create what mattered to them they needed to hold their vision, commit to their action plan, de-clutter the things that were not serving their vision and garner support from family, friends and even work colleagues to achieve success. And just like in a garden, they found out what strategies worked best for their situation and weeded out those that weren't the best for their family.

“I’m trying to think of an answer for a very important question that Colleen asked me on Monday- What is one thing can I take off my plate for the week to give me more time? So far I have made an effort to have Anthony do his 20 min of reading and practice spelling tests at his after school program. That way I have an extra 20 min at home to let him unwind and I get a head start on my homework.” Sarah, single mother, full time employee and student.

"Good morning everyone! Okay, so this is really weird........I must have had an intuition as to what the tip of the day was going to be today, because last night I took, not only 10 minutes to rejuvenate, but almost 4 hours. After work I went tanning, took a stroll through Target (which was only suppose to be a quick stroll and it turned into an hour and a half because I literally ran into 11 old high school buddies, plus a teacher)and then I took myself out for dinner at Sushi Tran. By the time I got home, the house was peaceful with 5 sleeping kids and a exhausted husband snoring away on the couch. It was beautiful. Today, I feel great. I slept great last night and I am ready to dive into my day. Right now, in the background I hear Frankie brushing the boys teeth and Aerica in the kitchen diligently loading the dishwasher. Oh, and by the way, I was so excited to use the timer and do the 7 minute pick-up, but after discussing it with the kids, by the time I was ready to start the timer, the house was spotless!!! Thank you so much Colleen! " Andrea Cruz, counselor, student and mother of 5.

What is important to you? What would you like to create? Is there a book, a cake decorating business, art show, home sanctuary, soft ware program, or marathon waiting to be born from your soul? If there are yeah buts and other such stuff getting in the way, join me April 19 in Tucson for the "How Much Joy Can You Stand?" Workshop. Here's the invitation link http://www.consciouslivingconnection.com/muchjoy.htm
Joy, Passion & Simplicity,
Colleen