Monday, December 15, 2008

Stepping up!

Part of building a business and being a consciouspreneur(TM) is surrounding yourself with people who are there to celebrate your forward movement( celebration team) and create a safe and sacred space when the going gets rough( support team). I'm delighted to be part of such a group with the Tucson Coaches Alliance. The December Program is the annual Holiday luncheon where we socialize, enjoy good food and generally celebrate the achievements of the year, acknowledge the current board members and introduce the new board. Along with this we all bring a toy for Toys for Tots in the spirit of giving back. This year we gathered at the beautiful Hacienda del Sol. See photo.

I've brought the subject of taking a leap up in the previous post and that's what I'm doing this year. I've been elected to the Member-At-Large board position and have accepted this honor.
Now I tend not to be a group joiner but this is one group that I have come to really appreciate and decided that I could allocate time and energy to this position in order to be part of ta leadership team bringing coaching to a greater visibility in the community. I've been in leadership positions in my career but not in a community group.

Where in your life can you be the leader you are looking for?