Friday, July 11, 2008

California Dreaming

I hope you all had a fantastic 4th. My husband & I travelled to California to visit our children and granddaughter. My intention for the trip was to relax,enjoy and renew myself , walk on the beach as much as possible and create memories with family. After a short stop at Viejas Mall where my husband, DuWayne purchased some much needed shoes and we had a bite to eat with our oldest son Sean(he was off that day) we headed toward Laguna Beach. Our younger son's( Jason) girlfriend hosted us at her house which was 5 minutes from the beach. Thank you Janine. As soon as we stepped in the door, Janine had me out of the house and down to the beach and into the water. It was cold!!!! I only stayed in awhile, long enough for a wave to knock me down. It was very energizing. We had a fresh seafood dinner that night and hung out in her background listening to peaches fall to the ground. What a thrill for us to watch the fireworks from the beach as the colorful display was reflected in the water merging sky and sea until the tide started coming in. Then we retreated to higher ground. We even piloted a new competitive sport called penguin pitch. We left the next day to visit our son,Sean, daughter(in-law),Anmarie and little Ella for an overnight stay before heading back to Tucson. Anmarie loves to cook and she whipped up a beautiful Indian dinner- very yummy and not to hot for me. We so thoroughly enjoyed playing with our granddaughter. You can see the photos below. We both felt like we had been away for about a week. As we surrendered to each moment, everything just flowed and created a renewal time for us. I vowed to create more renewal moments each day to better focus and attend to those things that matter most to me.

Much Joy,

Colleen